Volunteer at GEMS
Your talents can benefit your community
Greenwich EMS takes great pride in both our career and volunteer staff. We work side by side to deliver the highest quality pre-hospital emergency care to all our patients. Our Volunteers are able to work shifts on duty, participate with the career staff in regular call reviews, continuing medical education opportunities, focus groups and staff meetings, and are honored along with career staff at the GEMS annual awards ceremony.
Some of our professional advantages:
- GEMS is solely a 911 service with a high percentage of ALS calls
- GEMS employees have developed a close working relationship with Hospital Staff, Greenwich Police First Responders and Greenwich Fire Fighters.
- Safety Concept vehicles designed by GEMS staff for optimal patient care, and staff and patient safety.
- GEMS employees utilize the most up to date equipment which meets or exceeds the National average.
- Staff are posted at four comfortable Stations throughout the town.
- GEMS has a strong relationship and long-term contract with the Town of Greenwich.
Some of our benefits:
- Tuition assistance and Scholarship opportunities available.
- Fitness reimbursements.
- Access to the Organizations Employee Assistance Program.
- Company supported Training and EMS Certification
Opportunities for Additional Income:
- Adjunct Teaching Positions for EMS and Corporate or Community programs
- Community Outreach
Interested in volunteering? Fill out this form.
GEMS is solely a 911 service with a high percentage of ALS calls