American Heart Association Courses
Not sure what course to take? View our helpful "Find the Right Course" guide.
Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Programs
Basic Life Support (BLS) courses are intended for Healthcare providers i.e. Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Dentists, Respiratory Therapists, EMS providers, and any other allied health profession/ student which requires a successful course completion card:
- BLS Provider online: The online program of BLS blended learning uses a variety of self-directed learning, animations, scenarios, and simulation activities to educate students on BLS skills and knowledge. Upon completion of the online portion, the student will need to be scheduled for a practice and testing session with an American Heart Association (AHA) Instructor. Upon successful completion the student will receive a course completion card. Sign up at the American Heart Association's OnlineAHA web site.
- BLS Provider: This is a video based with instructor led program which provides students with learning single-rescuer, and team basic life support for adults, children and infants, AED use and choking. The text has a CD which has supplemental information regarding special resuscitation situations, cardiac arrest and stroke. Participants develop competency thru skill practice and various learning scenarios. Also available in Spanish. Register now.
- BLS Provider Renewal: Same as above or may be completed by completing the online course. Also available in Spanish.
The Heartsaver Cadre of programs allow you the flexibility choosing an individual program or combination program to fit your needs. These programs are intended for Businesses, Corporations, as well as employees or designated responders who have a responsibility to respond to 1st aid or cardiac emergencies as part of their job. These programs maybe instructor led, or maybe completed online with a skill session upon completion.:
- Heartsaver CPR AED: Teaches CPR and AED use in adult and child CPR as well as choking management. Optional Infant CPR AED/ choking module available. Classes are 2.5 hours long, starting at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $85 ($60 for course, $25 for student manual). Now enrolling for classes on Wednesdays, beginning January 17, 2018, and running through February. Register online.
- Heartsaver First Aid: Teaches adult first aid skills (general principles, illness and injury emergency management) Register online.
- Heartsaver Bloodborne Pathogen (OSHA Approved): Teaches how to manage exposure to Bloodborne pathogens. Discussion from transmission to exposure, clean up and reporting. Not a site specific program. Register online.
- Heartsaver Daycare Provider program: This program teaches basic 1st aid, CPR and AED skills for infants/ children. This program has been APPROVED by the State of Connecticut for staff operating a daycare center. Register online.
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED: Teaches basic adult first aid skills (general principles, illness and injury emergency management) along with CPR AED for adult and child with choking management. Optional Infant CPR AED /choking module available. Register online.
Community-Based AHA Programs
These programs are geared for community groups, new parents, grandparents, babysitters, and others who are interested in learning how to save a life without needing a course completion card.
- Family and Friends: Teaches lifesaving skills in a group environment using the AHA’s proven PWW method of teaching HANDS- ONLY CPR, CPR with breaths for adult, child and or infant CPR with AED use, as well as choking management. Register now.
- CPR Anytime Kit: A personal learning program to allow families, friends to learn the core skills of CPR in under 30 minutes at HOME. This all-inclusive kit contains an inflatable manikin, text and a bilingual DVD. Register now.
AHA Instructor Programs
- BLS Instructor: Upon completion of the program, this will allow the participant to teach the AHA cadre of BLS and Heartsaver programs.
- ACLS Instructor: Upon completion of the program, this will allow the participant to teach AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support program.
- PALS Instructor: Upon completion of the program, this will allow the participant to teach AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support program.
For more information, please contact us.